With the latest news that hair salons are able to re-open from 4th July 2020, we thought we’d update you on the measures taking place in our Covid-safe Baldwin Street hair salon.
We’re pleased to inform you that we are now making appointments, and please be assured we will try and accommodate everyone. In light of the current Covid-19 epidemic, our top priority is keeping our team and clients safe.
We would like things to continue as normal as possible during these challenging times, and so we will be exceeding the Government’s health and safety measures during every client appointment to ensure full protection.
To keep you safe during visits to the salon, we are taking the necessary steps to welcome you:
- All members of our team will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), visors and masks.
- Every other work station will be used to enable the 2m social distancing between clients.
- Only one basin in use at any time.
- To ensure effective social distancing, walk-in appointments will not be available until further notice. Please call us to book an appointment.
- We will not be able to offer refreshments, but you are welcome to bring your own drinks (no alcohol please).
- All magazines have been removed from the salon to reduce the handling of materials, but you can always use your kindle, tablet, phone or personal book/magazine for entertainment.
- We will politely ask every client to wash or sanitise their hands upon arrival.
- We will accept cash payments but to reduce the handling of material between our team and clients we ask you bring the correct money.
- We will be taking card payments and making future appointments at the workstation to avoid crowding at reception.
- We will not be able to facilitate dry haircuts.
- All tools, workstations, mirrors, gowns, and PPE will be cleaned, disinfected or disposed of between each client.
- Salon areas will be cleaned regularly, and disinfectant spray will be used on door handles, taps and other areas of multiple contact, throughout the day.
- Floor markings will be in place to help ensure social distancing.
- We ask you attend your appointment alone unless a carer is needed.
What to expect our ‘new normal’ to look like:
- We will ask for your name, mobile number and email on booking an appointment to enable track and trace and to send advice updates about your appointment.
- To ensure your appointment goes ahead and to avoid having to wait outside please arrive at your appointment time.
- On arrival at the salon the door will be locked so you will have to ring the foot-operated bell.
- Your stylist will answer the door.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided, put on a face mask and place your belongings (coat, hand bag, etc) into a clear plastic bag, please keep personal items to a minimum.
- If you are having a colour you will be directed to your seat, if you are having a cut and finish you will be directed to the basin.
- We will carry out your consultation sat alongside you speaking into the mirror to avoid speaking face to face.
- We will be using disposable towels and our gowns which will be washed after every use at over 60
- Payment can be contact less card (£45 maximum) Apple or android pay (no maximum) or cash.
Before making or coming to your appointment, please ask yourself the following question:
- Do you or anybody in your household or ‘bubble’ have any cold or flu-like symptoms?
If so, please call the salon on 01173763248 to reschedule, should you already have an appointment booked.
We appreciate that some of these measures may cause some inconvenience, but our main priority is the health and safety of our team and clients. We value your cooperation, thank you.
If you have any queries about our central Bristol hair studio, please feel free to get in touch with us at our Baldwin Street salon here.