Many of our clients visiting us post-lockdown have been asking how to now if a central Bristol salon is using the right PPE to protect them against Covid-19.
The entire team at Aidan Garlington Hair Design are following current Government guidelines regarding PPE, to ensure that clients and staff are safe at all times, as well as being able to effectively provide quality service.
We’ve also introduced a number of other measures for clients, so it’s worth reviewing these steps before you make your next visit to see us.
To keep you safe during visits to the salon, we are taking the necessary steps to welcome you:
- All members of our team will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), visors and masks.
- Every other work station will be used to enable the 2m social distancing between clients.
- Only one basin in use at any time.
- To ensure effective social distancing, walk-in appointments will not be available until further notice. Please call us to book an appointment.
- We will not be able to offer refreshments, but you are welcome to bring your own drinks (no alcohol please).
- All magazines have been removed from the salon to reduce the handling of materials, but you can always use your kindle, tablet, phone or personal book/magazine for entertainment.
- We will politely ask every client to wash or sanitise their hands upon arrival.
- We will accept cash payments but to reduce the handling of material between our team and clients we ask you bring the correct money.
- We will be taking card payments and making future appointments at the workstation to avoid crowding at reception.
- We will not be able to facilitate dry haircuts.
- All tools, workstations, mirrors, gowns, and PPE will be cleaned, disinfected or disposed of between each client.
- Salon areas will be cleaned regularly, and disinfectant spray will be used on door handles, taps and other areas of multiple contact, throughout the day.
- Floor markings will be in place to help ensure social distancing.
- We ask you attend your appointment alone unless a carer is needed.
What to expect our ‘new normal’ to look like:
- We will ask for your name, mobile number and email on booking an appointment to enable track and trace and to send advice updates about your appointment.
- To ensure your appointment goes ahead and to avoid having to wait outside please arrive at your appointment time.
- On arrival at the salon the door will be locked so you will have to ring the foot-operated bell.
- Your stylist will answer the door.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided, put on a face mask and place your belongings (coat, hand bag, etc) into a clear plastic bag, please keep personal items to a minimum.
- If you are having a colour you will be directed to your seat, if you are having a cut and finish you will be directed to the basin.
- We will carry out your consultation sat alongside you speaking into the mirror to avoid speaking face to face.
- We will be using disposable towels and our gowns which will be washed after every use at over 60
- Payment can be contact less card (£45 maximum) Apple or android pay (no maximum) or cash.
Before making or coming to your appointment, please ask yourself the following question:
- Do you or anybody in your household or ‘bubble’ have any cold or flu-like symptoms?
If so, please call the salon on 0117 376 3248 to re-schedule, should you already have an appointment booked.
It’s also worth pointing out that masks or face coverings have been mandatory for clients visiting us since 08th August. This will be required until further notice, and we are monitoring Government advice on this for client safety.
If you have any queries about the PPE being used by our central Bristol hair studio, please feel free to get in touch with us at our Baldwin Street salon here.